FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blurring out background....

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Stembridge
Blurring out background....
on Jul 15, 2011 at 3:25:22 pm

Is this a better "Color" fix? Or is this something that I may be able to do in motion? It is only about 12 seconds. Client after meeting with his team.... decided they didn't want topless student in background. Don't wanna reshoot, just want me to cover it with generic footage.

Trying to thing if a better fix, as that'll be kinda weird to key 2 people they don't even see.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Blurring out background....
on Jul 15, 2011 at 3:35:55 pm

Yes you can blur out the background in Motion and create masks around the two people in the front. If they don't move a lot it will be easier.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

David Stembridge
on Jul 15, 2011 at 4:30:05 pm

Thanks Stephen, I have seen a tutorial on it, but couldn't pin it down. There is is a little slight movement. Once I have created points via Bezier tool.... isn't there a way to move a bunch of points at once?

EDIT.... could I keyframe bezier points.... so that when the one guy tilts his head.... it shifts to the second bezier frame position?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 15, 2011 at 4:50:24 pm

Yes you can set a control point key frame and then move a few frames down the time line and set another control point key frame and then move the control points that need to be moved. Keep doing that until you reach the end.

Motion can automatically rotoscope them for you so you only have to build a mask on one frame and Motion does the rest. I have a chapter that covers this in my Creative COW training DVD Moving with Motion which is on sale for 19.95. It regularly sells for $50. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

David Stembridge
on Jul 15, 2011 at 5:22:06 pm

Ok, I will order Stephen... in the meantime, no chance this particular section "on automatically rotoscoping" is covered anywhere that you have placed online is it?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 18, 2011 at 7:10:33 pm

Sorry, I have never seen it covered anywhere else.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]