FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animated Stills Look Horrid

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mick Haensler
Animated Stills Look Horrid
on Jul 5, 2011 at 7:32:39 pm

I'm in the process of animating a bunch of stills for a project. Mostly flying in with slow movement on the screen...simple enough. Problem is the pics are so jaggy during movement. I've tried applying a few different blurs and such with minimal success. I've done a search here but haven't found anything concrete. Anyone have a sure fire way to get stills to animate cleanly??

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Animated Stills Look Horrid
on Jul 5, 2011 at 7:35:24 pm

Does the whole image look pixelated on a move? Or is it just in sections with thin lines?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mick Haensler
on Jul 5, 2011 at 7:41:09 pm

This is an architectural video so everything is lines, but yes, pretty much everything looks pixelated and jaggy.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

Mick Haensler
on Jul 5, 2011 at 7:46:05 pm

Ah, a clue. I just tried animating one of the pics but only reduced scale to 88% and it cleaned up. Previously it was at 18%. So I kept it at 88% scale and just moved it back in Z space and the jaggies returned. Puzzling.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

Zach Shore
on Jul 6, 2011 at 7:36:39 pm

First, what version of Motion are you using? If you're using Motion 5 you could turn off Dynamic rendering, that may make a difference. Also, does changing between Normal and Best mode make a difference in when viewing it in the canvas?

You can come push the buttons or you can let me do my job.

Return to posts index

Mick Haensler
on Jul 6, 2011 at 10:43:57 pm

Thanks for responding Zach, I'm still using Motion 3(about to get 5). I've tried the Normal and Best switch to no avail. I've been experimenting with different blurs and think I have found an acceptable look by messing with Gaussian a bit. I just wish there was some preset or plug in for working with animated stills that completely eliminated this. It amazes me that no one has come up with a bullet proof solution as this is such a common issue that most folks just seem to "deal" with. Fortunately the client doesn't notice. Any tips you or Stephen or anybody else has would be greatly appreciated.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

Zach Shore
on Jul 7, 2011 at 12:33:36 am

Well, if you can post an example or the project for someone to grab that's always a big help for finding a solution. maybe not the whole project, but a least something light weight where someone else can actually see what you're getting or try to reproduce it.

"You can come push the buttons, or you can let me do my job."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]