FORUMS: list search recent posts

Snapping an area from an old project and discarding animation?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Smith
Snapping an area from an old project and discarding animation?
on Jul 2, 2011 at 8:39:41 pm

I'm working on a small project, the first I've done where I've animated a logo, created with beziers and various art work, that converges together at a point in the timeline.

The second part of the sequence reuses the assembled logo (using a separate motion project) and I was searching for a quick and easy way of discarding the keyframes on either side of a point to just end up with an object in a group snapshotted at it's final position.

I couldn't find a way of doing this other than either laboriously removing all the key frames one by one until I reached the point that I wanted and removing the ones that animated out afterwards.

This is Motion 5 by the way. Does anybody know the best way of duplicating to a new timeline on a specific point from the old timeline for a group? (or the next best equivalent).

In the end I just recreated the stuff that had a lot of animation and was proving tricky to get back to that single point in time.

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Snapping an area from an old project and discarding animation?
on Jul 4, 2011 at 3:09:38 pm

You can select all the keyframes you want to delete at once by first adding them to the Keyframe Editor then drawing a box around them and deleting them.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Andy Smith
Re: Snapping an area from an old project and discarding animation?
on Jul 5, 2011 at 5:15:44 pm

Wow, I didn't notice you could do that. Ah well, that will save me a lot of time, thanks again Mark!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]