FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting templates to other computers?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fabiana Cruz
Exporting templates to other computers?
on Jun 26, 2011 at 10:04:15 pm

This may be a dumb question, but, if I create a template in Motion 5 for FCPX, say, on my MacBookPro, can I just copy the source file for the template and migrate it onto my MacPro?
Logically, it should work. I just wanted to know if anyone out there has done it or has encountered some trouble in the process.

"I used to wanna change the world... Now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity"
Lotus Weinstock

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Exporting templates to other computers?
on Jun 26, 2011 at 10:16:07 pm

Yes - just go to your Movies/Motion Templates folder, locate the folder for your new template, and copy that entire folder (which contains the Motion project file, any media you included, the preview movie, and the image thumbnails) to the same Motion Templates folder on your target computer.

Next time you launch Motion 5, they will show up in the Project Browser; and next time you launch FCP X, assuming you published your template as a title, transition, effect, or generator - it will show up in the appropriate browser in FCP X.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Fabiana Cruz
Re: Exporting templates to other computers?
on Jun 26, 2011 at 10:24:22 pm

Awesome. Thank you so much :-)

"I used to wanna change the world... Now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity"
Lotus Weinstock

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]