FORUMS: list search recent posts

Opening up Motion 5 delay - what are others experiencing?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan McCormick
Opening up Motion 5 delay - what are others experiencing?
on Jun 22, 2011 at 8:48:25 am

I have downloaded and installed the standalone Motion 5 with Motion 4 and FCS 3 still installed- using it on a MacBook Pro 2.5Ghz 4G RAM

1st impressions - looks good, like the interface and in a way pleased that it is not too much of a difference to Motion 4.

I was astonished to see the Motion interface appear near as dammit instantly when I clicked on the Motion 5 icon, fantastic I thought! Then I experienced the beach-ball for 26 seconds before I was able to proceed and create a new project. So, in one hand I was amazed then to be let down in the other. Is this normal procedure?

How is everyone else experiencing Motion 5 opening up directly and not via FCP X?

Alan

Return to posts index

Stefan Buhrmester
Re: Opening up Motion 5 delay - what are others experiencing?
on Jun 22, 2011 at 12:07:22 pm

I never experienced a long lag in Motion 5, while having the same system specs. Motion 5 starts faster than Motion 4. Time to load a blank project is about a second. Can you reproduce the lag?

[Alan McCormick] "How is everyone else experiencing Motion 5 opening up directly and not via FCP X?"

This has baffled me: "via FCP X". I am DYING for send-to-motion or importing motion in FCP X. Have you found something?

Return to posts index

Alan McCormick
on Jun 22, 2011 at 1:45:42 pm

The lag happens "every time" I load Motion 5 - the interface appears super pronto but the beachball appears after a second or so or if you click the open button before that 1 second. Then I get the 25-26 second wait which is a pity

Return to posts index

Alan McCormick
on Jun 22, 2011 at 3:23:54 pm

Just tried on my Mac Pro and The lag happens "every time" I load Motion 5 there too so it is not just the MacBook Pro

Added: - it is a bit quicker mind you to allow you to open up a project etc.

Alan

Return to posts index

David Reynolds
on Jun 23, 2011 at 5:03:11 am

I get the same delay the first time I open the Motion 5 after a reboot, then if I quit, the next time I open the programit just pops up real snappy.

David Reynolds
Promotions Designer
KATV - Little Rock AR

Return to posts index

Alan McCormick
on Jun 23, 2011 at 5:09:55 am

I get the delay even if I do not reboot my Mac, just close down Motion 5.

Is it designed to be available straight away or is the delay normal?

Anyone know?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]