FORUMS: list search recent posts

Framing ALL when elements are dispersed along a TL

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Smith
Framing ALL when elements are dispersed along a TL
on Jun 1, 2011 at 11:04:31 am

I'm watching Mark Spencers "Mastering Motions Camera" again. One of the best buys I've ever made.

I like the tip where Mark says to de-select everything then F (to Frame) to see all elements at once. But, this doesn't seem to work when those elements are not all occurring at the same moment on the timeline. Is there a magic potion to see all elements and their relationships when those elements are staggered through time?

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Framing ALL when elements are dispersed along a TL
on Jun 1, 2011 at 12:58:17 pm

None that I know of, but even if there were - you wouldn't be able to see those elements if they don't exist at the playhead. This is why I like to start with all elements existing at all frames until I have everything set up and animated, then trim.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Don Smith
on Jun 1, 2011 at 5:14:44 pm

Thanks Mark. I agree with you about initial organization but in this case I inherited a Motion project that was in-progress so I was hoping for a way to see how the many elements related to each other. Having learned much from you I would also begin any complicated Motion project with all elements at the beginning and the camera at the Home position. I would then stage the elements in 3D space and once happy with relationships, only then would I move them down the timeline. Now, if we're just talking graphics, they can largely occupy the whole timeline but most of the elements I'm dealing with in the inherited Motion project are video clips where one follows another and each video are in their own Group with associated moving test.

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

Don Smith
on Jun 1, 2011 at 5:16:32 pm

That'll teach me to Preview! Make that 'associated moving TEXT'.

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]