FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stabilizing in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Sheffer
Stabilizing in Motion
on May 29, 2011 at 1:10:13 pm

I am trying to use the stabilize behavior function to steady a piece to camera which looked as if the camera op was drunk. The problem is that while the stabilization has worked great...i now have black bits moving around the edges where the stabilization has worked.

Is there any way to fill these in or am i resigned to cropping the footage a little bit from its native 1080p?

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Stabilizing in Motion
on May 29, 2011 at 2:12:25 pm

Turn on Zoom in the HUD.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Jay Carr
on May 29, 2011 at 4:48:03 pm

I think the first question is this: what is the footage? If the edges of the frame are a solid color of some sort (like the edges of a night scene where it just fades to black) then you could probably just attach some color generator to the edge. But if the footage is complex at the edges... I'd think you're just going to need to crop the footage.

So what is the footage?

Return to posts index

Joe Sheffer
on May 29, 2011 at 6:09:28 pm

The footage is complicated...a mountain background. I'll just crop the frame slightly.

Return to posts index

Jay Carr
on May 29, 2011 at 9:40:21 pm

That probably is the best answer. But just as a thought: you could probably send a few frames over to photoshop and finish out the frame that way. Especially with a mountain backdrop, because the details are small and repetitive. Then you could just overlay that photoshoped image onto your footage and then use a mask transparency to make sure that the action is still showing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]