FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flip on font colour change

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Gordon
Flip on font colour change
on May 27, 2011 at 9:51:02 am

There is a flip on live font that is a rectangular black with red font colour on the front (Like on an old 70's alarm clock). I saw a tutorial by Mark Spencer that showed how to change the colour of live fonts and have tried to change it to white on black but haven't had any success. Any ideas?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Andrew Wilson
Re: Flip on font colour change
on May 27, 2011 at 12:50:47 pm

I just went to the Style menu on the text tab and changed the Face color to white.

Andrew Wilson
WestView Digital Video & Design
http://www.westviewdigital.com

Return to posts index

Peter Gordon
on May 28, 2011 at 12:12:53 am

I did try that - the font is a Live font - called flip count (flip clock is also the same). When I change it to white or sample with colour picker on colour palette it simply changes the whole letter and rectangular back to different colour variations. Perhaps there is some bug? I am using Motion 3 but I wouldn't have thought this was an issue. I would have thought it was pretty straight forward as I saw on the tutorial.

Return to posts index

Anders Larsen
on May 29, 2011 at 1:56:51 am

I did a quick test and found a way to do it. But I have this feeling that there must be a much more elegant way to achieve what you are asking.
Here's what I did:
- add a levels filter and under Red drag the black out up about 1/3 and the white out down about 1/3
- add a desaturate filter
- add an invert filter
- add a contrast filter, and adjust to taste

As I said, I'm sure there is a more elegant way, but this gets the job done.

My Motion file is here:
2413_flipcounttest.motn.zip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]