FORUMS: list search recent posts

Snapping to edge not working properly

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andreas Zeitler
Snapping to edge not working properly
on May 6, 2011 at 8:03:22 am

Hi,

I have a problem in Motion. Snapping isn't working properly for me and I can't figure out why.
When creating a rectangular shape and then dragging its edge points to the edge of a canvas, those points obviously snap to the edge. But with a slight offset. The rectangular fills the canvas, but not entirely. There are about one or two pixels off at each edge. When I try to drag the edge points again, they snap in and Motion tries to tell "This is your canvas' edge". "No, it's not!"
What am I doing wrong here?

Regards,
Andreas

Return to posts index

Jimmylee Remillard
Re: Snapping to edge not working properly
on May 6, 2011 at 12:25:29 pm

Motions snapping is always off by just a little. You can go into the inspector - properties - set the x and y to 0 and scale your shape up. ( there should be no reason your rectangle cant be bigger than your canvas)

Return to posts index

Josh Paulson
on May 11, 2011 at 1:33:58 pm

I've seen this. What I did was turn off snapping ("n" I think), zooming it to like 800%, and placing manually to pixel perfect accuracy. It's a bit of a workaround but the satisfaction of knowing it's perfect makes up for it.

An editor's work is never complete. It is only abandoned when time has been exhausted. - paraphrase from Leo da Vinci

Return to posts index

Andreas Zeitler
on May 15, 2011 at 8:33:24 am

Thanks Josh and Jimmylee. Sorry for my late reply. I've been busy finishing my master thesis. Now I'm back to work.
Weird Apple hasn't thought about this. It seems like there should be a function/preference/setting/something that allows getting rid of the offset.
Much appreciate your help though. Will try it manually then.

Thanks again,
Andreas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]