FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting 30fps Motion template to 24fps

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ariane Fisher
Converting 30fps Motion template to 24fps
on Apr 30, 2011 at 4:16:41 pm

I have several (400+) motion templates created at 29.97, which I occasionally need to use at 24fps. When I drop them in the 24fps timeline in FCP, they are fine until rendering, at which point they get truncated. A 12 second intro, although still 12 seconds, only shows approximately the first 9 seconds of the template and abruptly ends.

As a quick workaround, I tried simply fading it out at a convenient point in the intro, so it wouldn't look bad. However, changing the opacity forced a re-render and somehow it still didn't fade out at the right point. For now, I've been creating a separate sequence at 29.97 with just the intro, filling the drop zones, titles, etc, exporting a QT movie, bringing it into compressor to transcode to 24fps and then re-importing into the original timeline.

I tried creating a new 24fps project in motion, copying all the layers from the 29.97 template project and pasting them in, but that also didn't work. To show the whole project, it needed to be approximately 14 seconds. Is there a way, short of completely recreating the projects from scratch, to get this to work? And yes, I know this may all become horribly broken in a few weeks when they release the new version.

FCP 6.0.6, 2009 Mac Pro, OS 10.5.8

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]