FORUMS: list search recent posts

Won't export from FCP to Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
george redden
Won't export from FCP to Motion
on Apr 29, 2011 at 8:08:46 pm

I've recently installed Final Cut studio (the academic version). Working with video in fcp 7 is going fine, but it won't transfer to motion. Each time I "send" to motion, it says the file is missing, and attempts to find it are fruitless. Interestingly, when I go back to fcp, the clip in the time line also suddenly seems to be missing the needed media. Is it because I attempted to change the scratch disk on motion to my hard drive, when setting the scratch disk via fcp was enough?

Also, whenever I open Color, it tells me my computer screen resolution isn't enough. I own an April 2010 MacBook Pro, wouldn't that be enough? I'm fine with less resolution, if I can still use Color.

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Won't export from FCP to Motion
on Apr 29, 2011 at 9:06:04 pm

Increase the resolution of the screen to highest on your mac. Go to system preferences and then displys/ then set it to 1440pix or something higher than that. As far as then FCP problem goes, are you sure your media is connected properly.

Return to posts index

george redden
Re: Won't export from FCP to Motion
on Apr 29, 2011 at 9:15:31 pm

I went to the displays and found what you were talking about there, as to the media: I've been trying to look and see, but I don't even know where to look. Obviously something isn't connected, but I've checked the preferences to Motion and FCP but can't seem to locate the problem. I exported to Soundtrack pro just fine. Maybe Motion's search path needs to be reset.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]