FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Template

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Petree
Motion Template
on Apr 19, 2011 at 2:16:34 pm

Hello Everyone,
I have been reading these forums for a while but this is my first post. First off, let me say this is a great site and you guys are some of the best i have seen. Love the way you all step up and help each other.

I have read all the post, and i know where to get motion templates but i am looking for something specific and i do not know where to find it.

Basically, i have a speaker and there powerpoint presentation. I want to do some sort of split screen. I do not want to make it a generic split screen, so i was looking for some type of template that can help me.

here are two links to some videos of what i am trying to do. I am hoping someone can help me an point me in the right direction for something like this. I do not mind paying for it, i just need to find the right one.

Below are two video clips of what i am kinda looking for.

Thank you in advanced for helping me

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Motion Template
on Apr 19, 2011 at 4:14:19 pm

You could do this very easily without a template simply by arranging and masking your two elements in the Canvas.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

David Petree
on Apr 19, 2011 at 4:44:18 pm

Thanks

I will try that. I am just learning FCP/Motion, so i thought i could find a template to do it with.

I will read up on some tutorials to help me with what you said

Return to posts index

David Petree
on Apr 19, 2011 at 4:48:12 pm

Would it be better in FCP or Motion?

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Apr 19, 2011 at 4:58:11 pm

Motion is much more flexible for the design but if your video is long, I would make it a Motion template and then apply it in FCP to use it.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

David Petree
on Apr 19, 2011 at 5:00:07 pm

Thank you for your reply

I have split up the clips per speaker, they are only 5 mins long each. I will load up the project in Motion and see what i can do with the first clip, then see about making a template to apply to the rest

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Apr 26, 2011 at 1:59:47 pm

David, if you are new to motion, i would suggest you start slow. It isn't a difficult effect, but as you are learning, try building the most basic split screen you can first. Don't worry that it isn't what you want your final effect to look like, just get your content, both video and supporting text/graphics in order.

From there start playing with different mask shapes to see how they can interact with each other.

Sometimes diving into the final look at the start will just confuse or frustrate new users.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]