FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion is unusable!!!!

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dan gala
Motion is unusable!!!!
on Apr 7, 2011 at 12:46:57 am

LOOK AT THIS WTF???????? i reported that motion is buggy for me a few days ago, it just keeps getting worse, it happens when i am using motion after 5 minutes it starts beach balling then the screen gets like this (see link)... haven't done a re install but i am going to soon....im going to start from scratch, re install OS and FCS...

is it motion? is my graphic card bad??? the macbook pro is only a few months old.

http://f1.creativecow.net/file/2162/2162_gdgdg.tiff.zip

macbook i7 2.66 4GB DDR3 OS 10.6.7 FCP 7 Motion 4

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re:
on Apr 7, 2011 at 4:45:24 am

Hmm- looks like a major issue with your graphics card. Have you taken it into an Apple Store to show this? That would be my first suggestion. Motion works fine if your hardware is working fine.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

dan gala
Re: Re:
on Apr 7, 2011 at 5:08:19 am

im kind of hoping that is what it is, i have apple care....i really dig motion and want to continue with the software but so far its not been unusable....the scene doesn't go crazy like that only when im using motion, could it still be the card??? what if i do a re install of everything?? or do you think i should just take a trip to apple...seems to be working fine with other software.

so Noah or anyone, give me your opinion, how many things can my system handle from motion, like in the audio world we gage how many tracks or plugins the system can handle....what should my system be capable of handling, how many filters ect.

thanks

dan

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 7, 2011 at 5:46:32 am

Why would you not just take it over to an Apple Store and have it looked at? It's obviously got a major issue. Been using Motion for years- not seen that sorta display corruption.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

dan gala
on Apr 7, 2011 at 5:51:09 am

yeah i suppose you're right.

thanks

Return to posts index

Gareth Randall
on Apr 7, 2011 at 12:14:44 pm

[dan gala] "what should my system be capable of handling, how many filters ect."
That's not really a useful way of looking at it. The only aspect of Motion's capabilities that is directly limited by your hardware is its real-time functionality. Motion on my ancient MacBook Pro can do all the things Motion on a brand-new Mac Pro can do, it's just that mine will run out of real-time puff much faster.

Return to posts index

dan gala
on Apr 7, 2011 at 10:36:13 pm

well how much smoke do you get out of a puff of that brand new mac book pro?

Return to posts index

Gareth Randall
on Apr 8, 2011 at 2:13:56 pm

If you're looking for some kind of quantifiable response - "A MacBook Pro with this spec should be able do 15 filters on 10 layers in real-time" - then I don't think you're going to get it. It doesn't really work like that, since there are so many variables involved.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]