FORUMS: list search recent posts

Saving the old M3 content as I migrate to M4?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Saving the old M3 content as I migrate to M4?
on Mar 9, 2011 at 5:25:03 pm

Getting a suite upgrade next week, catching up to FCP 7 and Motion 4, (just in time to be obsoleted next month, I know.) and I was wondering how to keep the old Motion 3 content, which I have found so useful, when they take away my old pro tower and plunk down the new one, all pre-loaded with Motion 4?

Is ALL the Motion 3 content already preserved IN Motion 4? If not, can I legally copy off and add the M3 Content to M4, and if so, what's the best way to go about this? I want to keep the animated template materials, the filters and behaviors and generators, the backgrounds and stock images, etc. so that if I have to re-visit legacy programs I've already made in Motion 3, I still can get that stuff back and re-build it in M4.

Any advice on this is most welcome!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Saving the old M3 content as I migrate to M4?
on Mar 9, 2011 at 5:47:27 pm

All of your content will be there. The thing you will lose is some of your text behaviors. You can always find a new behavior to replace the old one.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 10, 2011 at 6:05:38 pm

Are the behaviors something hard-coded into the app, or are they like separate plug-ins one could copy and re-load into the newer version?

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Mar 10, 2011 at 11:25:52 pm

They are coded into the program. Motion 4 rebuilt how animated text effects were designed, essentially simplifying it all. Some of the effects transferred over and were remade using the new workflow, others could not be rebuilt and were dropped. Some new ones showed up. It's really only the text effects that changed.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]