FORUMS: list search recent posts

remove a static logo

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Lindsey
remove a static logo
on Mar 1, 2011 at 10:39:47 pm

I need to remove a logo from a part of the frame that is completely static. Unfortunately I have never used Motion before but I felt like I could learn how to do this because its simple. Next to the logo is an area with the same lighting and texture which I want to use as a source to basically copy and paste from it over the logo so the entire area looks uniform. I just don't know where to start....

Its like the retouch tool in Photoshop where you option-click to define a source and it paints over with the source area's image. If Motion had that I could do it easily.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: remove a static logo
on Mar 1, 2011 at 11:01:26 pm

If it is static I would recommend doing it in Photoshop. However, it would be easier to give you advice if I could see the image.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Greg Lindsey
on Mar 1, 2011 at 11:16:44 pm

Thanks, not sure either how to do that in Photoshop because I've never done this with video before but I just need to be pointed in the right direction and which tools or approach to use. I attached a screen shot which shows what I'm trying to accomplish. This area has no movement at all, but other parts of the frame do. I want to replace over the logo.

Return to posts index

Andrew Wilson
on Mar 2, 2011 at 4:18:00 am

Take your main image layer and duplicate it. Draw a rectangle mask around the clean part of the building and apply a layer mask to the duplicated layer on top. Now use that shape layer as the mask source.

If your mask lines follow the lines of the building, it will be easier to hide your mask. You can also feather the edges a little if needed.

Now just reposition the duplicated masked layer to the right to cover the logo on the building.

Hope that helps.

Andrew Wilson
WestView Digital Video & Design
http://www.westviewdigital.com

Return to posts index

Greg Lindsey
on Mar 2, 2011 at 6:25:04 pm

Thanks Andrew that was really helpful! I followed your instructions and adjusted the brightness to help it blend in better, no need to feather. Thank you!

Greg

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 2, 2011 at 10:15:54 pm

Congratulations, looks good! Now raise your rates because you're a digital retouching artist:-)

Return to posts index

Andrew Wilson
on Mar 3, 2011 at 3:46:21 am

yeah... that's what I'm talking about. nice work.

Andrew Wilson
WestView Digital Video & Design
http://www.westviewdigital.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]