FORUMS: list search recent posts

Graphical glitches when apply certain effects

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Aderhold
Graphical glitches when apply certain effects
on Mar 1, 2011 at 10:16:18 pm

I've been having a very inconsistent problem with Motion 4 for some time now. I'm not sure if the best move is to bring my system into the apple store for a fix-up or if there's something I can do to fix the problem.

I find that when creating certain things within motion I'm getting graphical glitches for no reason. It typically happens when I add an effect. For instance, today I added a Gaussian Blur to my video clip and suddenly I see little black and gray particles all across my image. Or sometimes I'll be creating lower thirds and if I add a drop shadow, I suddenly get these black flakes across my image that come and go. And if I go back frame by frame they disappear in one spot and reappear in others. I've come to the conclusion it's my graphics card, but I'm really uncertain as to what the problem is.

I've tried trashing my prefs with no fix to the problem. I've also looked for Graphics Drivers but what I've come across is with Max OSX there is no way to upgrade my graphics drivers like I would with my PC (Didn't realize this until I did some research on it). With my PC that would have been my first assumption, but since I can't do that here, kind of stuck on where to go.

If anyone could throw me some sort of suggestion or tip as to what they think the problem is, I'd greatly appreciate it. My computers specs are below. I've also posted a picture so you can see the problem.

Thanks,

Mac Pro
Processor: 2x 2.93 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Memory: 16GB 1066 Mhz DDR3
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4870
Motion Version: 4.0.3

1693_motionglitch.tiff.zip

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Graphical glitches when apply certain effects
on Mar 1, 2011 at 10:51:58 pm

Sounds like a graphics card issue - might try swapping it out.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Josh Aderhold
Re: Graphical glitches when apply certain effects
on Mar 2, 2011 at 8:01:35 pm

Yeah, that's what I thought. Was just looking for any other solution besides bringing it into the Mac store.

So unless anyone has any other ideas as to what could solve the problem, I'll go with I need a new graphics card.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]