FORUMS: list search recent posts

scribble effect

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alex martinez
scribble effect
on Mar 1, 2011 at 9:40:59 pm

Can a scribble effect be created in motion 3 for text ? Thanks in advance..

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: scribble effect
on Mar 1, 2011 at 10:25:34 pm

Yes, you can make it from scratch.....or....you can use some of the pre-built effects. To find them go to Library, LiveFonts and then there are a few to choose from such as "clerk", "Freehand", "Gust", "hand", "Script" and "Tap". Hope this is of help and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

alex martinez
on Mar 1, 2011 at 11:16:57 pm

Thanks for the response.. Is there any way I can change the font or color for these livefonts? Thanks again

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 1, 2011 at 11:30:16 pm

Unfortunately you can't change the font...but you can change the font's color. You need to use an HSV Adjust filter to do this. Slap it on your Text object and tweak away.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 1, 2011 at 11:36:34 pm

Oh sorry, there are lots of ways to do something. For changing the color of the font do this:

Select the text with the applied LiveFont, click the Text tab in the Inspector, then click the Style tab.

Use the Color well or color picker to define a new color.

To define a mix value between the default LiveFont color and the new color, click the disclosure triangle in the Face Color controls and adjust the Color Mix slider or value slider. A Color Mix value of 0% leaves the LiveFont at its original color; 100% completely changes the LiveFont to the new color.

Best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

alex martinez
on Mar 2, 2011 at 12:18:11 am

Thanks so much... I want to try and do it from scratch because I would really like to keep the font I'm using... Is there anything you can suggest... Thanks again

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 2, 2011 at 12:27:41 am

This is where thinks get a little more tricky. You need to use the paint, bezier or b-spline tool and trace your text. Make sure your b-spline (or whatever) shape is white. Add a Write on Behavior to it so it animates. Then add an image mask to it so the white shape becomes invisible reveals the text. Here is a link to a tutorial on using an Image mask in Motion.

I have a great chapter on this subject matter in my training DVD Moving with Motion that I think is worth checking out. Of course I'm biased. Best of luck and hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

alex martinez
on Mar 2, 2011 at 5:39:44 am

THANKS SO MUCH... YOUR TIPS WERE VERY HELPFUL.. I'LL BE SURE TO GET YOUR DVD ...THANKS AGAIN

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 2, 2011 at 3:47:43 pm

Happy to help and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 2, 2011 at 10:19:43 pm

I liked this info too, bookmarked for future use. I was reminded that the original source of LiveType was a product called India, and in it, you could create your own live fonts, even animated fonts. Some of the animated Livetype fonts may be repurposed from the original India app. If you could find a copy of India, and something to run it on, you could build your own font that way. You'd have to be some kind of obscessed individual to go that far, though, I guess.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Mar 4, 2011 at 6:10:54 pm

Here's a tutorial right here on the cow that shows the exact effect you're attempting.

Draw On Text

Hope this helps.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]