FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Blur in Motion 4

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Atien Anderson
Motion Blur in Motion 4
on Feb 25, 2011 at 5:14:22 pm

A little background
I've been using AE for a couple of years as well as motion and just got certified in Motion 4 as I need to know this for my employer.

Problem
In AE all I do is turn motion blur on for an object and it looks great upon output. Same with FCP. Motion...not so much. It looks awful, it looks as if it's fragmented or something and the faster my animation is the worse it looks. I have to ramp up the number of samples all the way up in my project preferences to make it look the same as an AE output. This, in turn, takes motion 2-3x as long to export the output. Is there a way to make this go faster?

What I'm doing to turn it on
render menu->motion blur, project properties->render settings-> # of samples = 256

Funny how even after certification I still go back to AE. I don't like doing that.

Seeking knowledge..

Return to posts index

Gareth Randall
Re: Motion Blur in Motion 4
on Feb 26, 2011 at 11:34:47 am

256 samples? Wow, no wonder it's taking so long. Following a hint in one of Mark Spencer's tutorials, I set the shutter angle to 180 and the number of samples to 16, and that still takes a dog's age to render at Best quality, but then I'm using a first-gen 2.16GHz MacBook Pro with only 2Gb RAM.

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Motion Blur in Motion 4
on Feb 27, 2011 at 8:32:56 am

Often you just need normal quality for your final render. takes much less than at the best quality. I bet you would not be able to see the difference.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]