FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text behaviour created in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Heayberd
Text behaviour created in Motion
on Feb 24, 2011 at 5:18:04 pm

Hi

I want to clean text in motion that appears with a fade in from left so that it can be put on a FCP timeline.

Im creating a new motion project, making sure the properties are the same as my seq settings, 1920 x 1080, 25fps etc etc.

After exporting it as a .mov and importing through FCP, I can see it in the viewer and it looks great. However, when on the time line, when I wish to playback, the thing seems to lag and I only see the pictures when I pause the playhead.

Is this due to the size or have I got one of my settings wrong?

Additionally, it may be easier to export a slug to a motion project but that didnt seem to let me do any text at all in Motion but again, I was most likely doing that wrong!!

Any help appreciated.

Adam

Editor & Self Shooter in the UK

Return to posts index

Adam Heayberd
Re: Text behaviour created in Motion
on Feb 24, 2011 at 5:23:04 pm

Bizarrely enough, when I closed FCP and restarted, it played fine....

Editor & Self Shooter in the UK

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Text behaviour created in Motion
on Feb 25, 2011 at 5:02:00 pm

Adam,

There are two different methods that you can get material from motion into Final Cut Pro. Likely, both methods will stutter on your timeline unless rendered. Rest assured they will be at full quality for final output.

Method a) import the actual motion project and drop it onto Final Cut Pro's timeline. The advantage of this is anytime you want you can right click and say open in editor, and it will open motion right up. The cool part about this, is that any changes you make, when you save, will be instantly updated your Final Cut Pro timeline.

Method B) export from motion in a QuickTime, with a codec that supports an alpha channel. That would be either the animation codec or ProRes4444. Depending on the speed of your drive and/or the speed of your system, you'll find that this playback stutters here as well.

If you want elements from Final Cut Pro to be in motion, select those elements, right-click and choose send to motion project.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer
Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC
Avid & Color Videos Vasst.com
Compressor Essentials Lynda.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]