FORUMS: list search recent posts

Top view with visible layers

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Campbell
Top view with visible layers
on Feb 22, 2011 at 4:47:43 pm

Dumb question that I can't seem to find the answer too but when you're in top view mode in 3D space, how do you make the lines to show the layers active? See image below. I can not for the life of me find how to turn this on. I layers are right in front of the camera but I can't see where they are in order to adjust the DOF near n far focus.

OS 10.6.3, Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 ghz quad-core intel xenon, 16 gb ram, with BM Intensity Pro card

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Top view with visible layers
on Feb 22, 2011 at 5:30:53 pm

split the views to two views top and camera. Then select the object and move it. That is all you need to do. Or you can enable Inset views under the views menu.

Good luck

Return to posts index

Matt Campbell
on Feb 22, 2011 at 5:35:07 pm

thats what i am doing. and its still difficult to see when your in focus. I really want to be able to see where my layers are, just like in the picture. I know its possible because that image was taken from a Motion tutorial from Mac Break Studio with Marc Spencer.

OS 10.6.3, Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 ghz quad-core intel xenon, 16 gb ram, with BM Intensity Pro card

Return to posts index

Andrew Wilson
on Feb 22, 2011 at 8:43:13 pm

When you enable DOF, your camera icon should change to show the focus plane and the minimum and maximum area for what's going to be in focus and where it starts to fall off.

You need you have your layers selected for them to show up in your viewer. Also, I think you need to have 3D icons turned on in your view menu....

Andrew Wilson
WestView Digital Video & Design
http://www.westviewdigital.com

Return to posts index

Matt Campbell
on Feb 22, 2011 at 9:08:20 pm

I'm sorry guys, none of these things are working. I know that once the camera is selected you can see the min and max, but as then you can't see the layers. Can if you select the layers, you can't see the camera angles.

There has to be some preference thing to turn on. This screen shot was from episode 51 of MBKS. Below. His TOP view shows grey lines where the layers are. I could use the guides but I have many layers and that will just clunk up what I'm viewing. How can I get these same lines to appear and or why are they not there.

http://www.pixelcorps.tv/macbreak_studio051

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]