FORUMS: list search recent posts

image packages for 3D?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Cooney
image packages for 3D?
on Feb 12, 2011 at 5:45:28 pm

Does anyone know of a resource to purchase images for a 3-D project? What I mean is, maybe there are packages that offer several perspectives of the same subject? In my case, a chimney cleaning commercial. Client wants to see the house from a distance (back on the lawn) and then have the camera pull in and then up and over the roof to look down at the chimney at a 45 degree angle...

Kinda stuck here... thanks!

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: image packages for 3D?
on Feb 12, 2011 at 5:48:12 pm

Turbosquid.com is a great resource for 3D models of all kinds

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Feb 12, 2011 at 6:05:12 pm

Thanks Mark!

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Feb 12, 2011 at 6:38:05 pm

does anyone know if Apple Motion can import and work with .max, .3ds, .ma, or .obj files? Might be best using 3D psd.. can't find the answer in literature ..-B

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Feb 12, 2011 at 6:44:37 pm

Only with Cinema4D can you export 3D data, lights, and cameras for use in Motion.

--
Mark Spencer

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Feb 12, 2011 at 6:45:42 pm

thanks for the info!

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Feb 12, 2011 at 6:38:39 pm

does anyone know if Apple Motion can import and work with .max, .3ds, .ma, or .obj files? Might be best using 3D psd.. can't find the answer in literature ..-B

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on Feb 12, 2011 at 9:13:51 pm

Motion does not import any 3D geometry. It sounds like your client is looking for someone to do this in C4d, Lightwave, Max or Maya.

Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Feb 12, 2011 at 9:29:51 pm

yeah.. the company I contacted "TurboSquid" did say they offer 3D models in .psd format. That might work hey?

Return to posts index

Sacha Thomas
on Feb 14, 2011 at 6:57:53 pm

I have been under the impression (from a tutorial if memory serves) that you can import 3D objects into Motion. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant by "geometry" which might include the background elements. In other words, my working understanding is that you can have 3D objects in Motion Three's "2.5D" environment (see particles)but that you can't create 3D-like objects (such as a simple cube) in Motion without time-consuming workarounds and hassle. I have tried the workarounds and have learned where a lot of the limitations are from the process.
Mark? Stephen? Could one of you set me straight, please? Much appreciate all the COW Forums help in the past and future.
Thanks!
Sacha Thomas

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Feb 14, 2011 at 7:05:04 pm

You cannot import 3D objects into Motion and manipulate them as if you were in a 3D program. Zaxwerks gets you close. The C4D integration is fantastic, but that is integration 3D data for compositing, not objects.

--
Mark Spencer

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Feb 14, 2011 at 7:07:01 pm

thanks. yes. I was looking to obtain 3D objects or models that I could import into Motion 4. I was told that the only format Motion would except would be .psd 3D images. -Brian

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Feb 14, 2011 at 7:08:43 pm

Ps.. yes.. I did not need to manipulate the objects within motion. Only be able to access the various 3D views on the object.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 14, 2011 at 7:11:12 pm

Zaxwerks Pro Animator will let you import purchased 3D models into Motion 4. Its a cool plug-in.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Feb 14, 2011 at 7:14:41 pm

Awesome! thanks.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 14, 2011 at 7:17:35 pm

Happy to help...let us know what you decided to do and how it worked out for you.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Feb 14, 2011 at 7:20:27 pm

Will do!

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Feb 13, 2011 at 9:00:35 am

Zaxwerks (ProAnimatorFX) can import .obj and it si a 3d plugin for apple motion and final cut. You can do quite a lot of things with it. However if you are looking for a complex animation than yu are best to use some sort of 3d program, bug learning curve.

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Feb 13, 2011 at 1:06:50 pm

thanks. I'll check that out.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 14, 2011 at 2:28:59 am

I'd look into Cinema 4D as Mark says. It's actually a reasonably easy application to learn and you can do a lot of really sweet looking 3D stuff with it. Especially compared to a Maya or LightWave- much easier. Not free of course but worth every penny if you need real 3D. Motion can do a lot of stuff that looks 3D, but remember it's floating flat postcards in x-y-z coordinates. Objects don't have true 3D geometry, i.e. depth.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Feb 14, 2011 at 5:03:24 am

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 14, 2011 at 3:38:40 pm

I would learn a 3D application or purchase Zaxwerks. I just built a project in Motion where 3D cars crash through a wall and it turned out good. I should post it. Anyways, I purchased the 3D models from, 3dexport.com, http://www.creativecrash.com and http://www.fallingpixel.com. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Sacha Thomas
on Feb 15, 2011 at 4:22:35 pm

Thanks to all for your help. The COW rocks! I will check out the free 3D option, Blender, until I get a chance to pay to play. Blender looks pretty impressive at first glance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]