FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion 4 template not retaining font

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcial Reiley
Motion 4 template not retaining font
on Feb 2, 2011 at 5:19:57 pm

Anyone seen this and have a better fix? I created a template in Motion 4.0.3, published as template to FCP. Worked great the first time I used it, but the next time I opened the template in FCP the type had all defaulted to I think Helvetica. When I open the template project again in Motion, it's also defaulted to the same font, not the one I used to create the template, though under "type" in the Inspector it shows the original font.

So far the only fix it to go to reselect each line of type in the Motion template and select a different font, then change it back to the original font I wanted and save. The template seems to work in Motion the next time I use it, but not the time after that.

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Motion 4 template not retaining font
on Feb 3, 2011 at 12:49:39 am

You might want to run Font book and validate all your fonts. There's a chance that there is a duplicate or damaged font that's causing this problem.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer
Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC
Avid & Color Videos Vasst.com
Compressor Essentials Lynda.com

Return to posts index

Marcial Reiley
on Feb 3, 2011 at 3:38:50 pm

Great idea Jeff, but unfortunately it did not cure the problem, though the font has now defaulted to something else all together. Very strange.

Return to posts index

Marcial Reiley
on Mar 6, 2011 at 3:25:30 am

I was the font after all, though Font Book showed no problems. When I changed the font to one of the standard Mac fonts it stays. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]