FORUMS: list search recent posts

Faster way to edit audio and video?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmylee Remillard
Faster way to edit audio and video?
on Feb 1, 2011 at 4:25:44 am

Hell guys, I have been doing a lot of green screen commercials and need to find a better to get the actor in and out. Heres a little more info.
I use a t2i for video and use a rhode nt3 (straight into cubase) for audio. I then edit the audio and bring both into motion, sync audio then go about making my commercial.

Its not that bad but as you can see if the actore makes a mistake we have to stop and re record from the start.

My options are:
1) Record straight to the SD card but then i lose a lot of sound control through cubase
2) Higher better actors but might not solve the problem
3) find a video editor that will allow me to link the audio so i can make the cuts then export the audio back to cubase.

I duno any thoughts??

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Faster way to edit audio and video?
on Feb 1, 2011 at 4:31:01 am

There's this software called 'pluraleyes' that will auto sync your video and your separately recorded audio for FCP (Which you own, since you own motion.)

If you're using cubase because you're comfortable doing other audio work there, doesn't it import OMF audio (FCP exports that.)

Workflow:
I'd use plural eyes, get the edit where I was happy, zip the video over to motion, key, then send your audio out to cubase to finally 'finish' in FCP.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer
Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC
Avid & Color Videos Vasst.com
Compressor Essentials Lynda.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]