FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble with importing stills in motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dilesh Korya
Trouble with importing stills in motion
on Jan 25, 2011 at 9:48:22 am

Hi, I have a Tiff/psd files, where I have masked/cut out elements in photoshop. I want to import them into Motion, with the elements all cut out. I save with all layers in tact, and as psd files. When I have imported them, they lose their masks, and appear as normal. What am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Andrew Wilson
Re: Trouble with importing stills in motion
on Jan 25, 2011 at 1:46:54 pm

How are you making the mask? I just opened a PSD file and made a mask with a standard layer mask. Saved it as a PSD and brought it into Motion. The mask was there.

Select the layer and hit Shift-F to open the Media tab in the Inspector. Make sure Alpha Type isn't set to IGNORE. If it is, try selecting Guess Alpha Type.

Saving as a TIFF did not work for me. The mask came in as white.

Andrew Wilson
WestView Digital Video & Design
http://www.westviewdigital.com

Return to posts index

Dilesh Korya
on Jan 25, 2011 at 3:27:06 pm

Thanks Andrew, I dont know what I am doing wrong, but the mask does not carry through. I've had to work around it...Thanks ain for your post

Return to posts index

Andrew Wilson
on Jan 25, 2011 at 4:26:00 pm

Another quick shortcut that I sometimes use is to use the SAVE FOR WEB command under file menu and save a 24 bit Png file. It's a compressed file format but looks really good and preserves the alpha channel.

Still, though, the PSD file should have been fine and isn't compressed.

Make sure you have the photoshop transparency checkerboard visible when you select save for web.

Andrew Wilson
WestView Digital Video & Design
http://www.westviewdigital.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]