FORUMS: list search recent posts

Custom Behavior in FCP Template but Not in Motion4

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Petty
Custom Behavior in FCP Template but Not in Motion4
on Jan 24, 2011 at 4:35:52 pm

I was messing around with the Templates in FCP>Motion and found one I really liked called Spin Cycle.

I opened it in Motion to play with it a little and saw that it used a behavior called Flip On.

I thought I'd start a new project and try it from scratch. I added some text and went to add the behavior and ,hold it, there is no Flip On in the library. (Flip In...Flip Out...but no Flip On).

Just to see if it would work I reopened the template and dragged the Flip On behavior into the library and it stayed...but with a little icon on it.

When I drug it back into my new test project it worked just as it did in the template...and it also had clearly visible keyframe diamonds on the purple bar...and was clearly some kind of custom behavior.

What gives...is this a custom behavior that Apple created to be used for the template but did not want to give us for general use in Motion 4? What does the little icon on the Gearwheel mean? This is interesting. Can somebody shed some light on this

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Custom Behavior in FCP Template but Not in Motion4
on Jan 24, 2011 at 4:47:49 pm

I couldn't find that template (I found spin and spin cluster, but not spin cycle)

Here's the deal - you can rename anything in your layers. You could take any group, layer, filter or behavior and name it something else. You could put it in your favorites or save it as a template, and it respects your made up name.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer
Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC
Avid & Color Videos Vasst.com
Compressor Essentials Lynda.com

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Jan 24, 2011 at 4:55:27 pm

It's a renamed, keyframed, parameter behavior

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Mike Petty
on Jan 24, 2011 at 5:29:43 pm

Thanks guys...

This is one of those type behaviors I have seen in various media but always thought it must have been done in After Affects since I have never seen it "off the rack" in Motion...and I since don't have the chops to do it as a custom behavior it was on my "one of these days I'f figure it out" list. Now I have it. Cool.

BTW The template is in FCP - 3D Text Projects>Text Spin Cycle.

MP

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]