FORUMS: list search recent posts

No audio in Motion project planced into FCP timeline

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Wilson
No audio in Motion project planced into FCP timeline
on Jan 14, 2011 at 7:47:50 pm

Could someone please tell me if this is normal or a known bug:

I'm working on an animation in Motion that has some audio associated with it. When it play it, I can hear the audio. When I export a self-contained rendered file out of Motion, the audio comes into FCP no problem.

BUT - if I place the Motion project file into a FCP timeline... no audio. Even the browser in FCP says there's no audio associated with the clip.

I much prefer placing project files into the timeline to take advantage of roundtripping so is this normal that the audio doesn't come with a placed Motion project file?

Working on Motion 4 with FCS3

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: No audio in Motion project planced into FCP timeline
on Jan 14, 2011 at 8:02:38 pm

This is normal. Sorry. I think the idea is this...Motion is a graphics program and it is easier to add SFX and music in FCP.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Ann Clark
Re: No audio in Motion project planced into FCP timeline
on Jan 22, 2011 at 2:08:20 am

Dunno if this helps, but have you tried exporting your Motion sequence as a Quicktime, then bringing it into FCP? I realize this reduces your flexibility when you're bouncing between the two programs, but I find that if audio timing is critical, e.g., SFX are timed to the action, that creating video in Motion and then finishing the audio in FCP does get a bit clumsy at times.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]