FORUMS: list search recent posts

RGB Colors for Type in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Petty
RGB Colors for Type in Motion
on Jan 10, 2011 at 4:46:58 am

I have to create some type palettes in Motion. I spec'd some Kuler colors I wanted to use and blithely sat down to dial in the type colors and hold it...I could not use the RGB numbers as the type colors in Motion are some sort of 0 to 100 RGB. Frankly I have never had to spec a specific color. I just kind of eyeballed it.

So here is the question...How to I dial in RGB colors for type in Motion. For example...I have a specific color of green...R 68; G 127, B 110...How do I set that color for the type?

Am I missing something?

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: RGB Colors for Type in Motion
on Jan 10, 2011 at 4:59:23 am

Just click the color swatch instead of using the RGB sliders - it will bring up the OS X Color Picker, where you can enter standard 0-255 8-bit RGB values.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Jan 10, 2011 at 6:57:30 am

Watch this tutorial I made about colour in Apple Motion. get yourself a program called Hex Colour Picker for OS X (Software which will enable you to use Hex Colour Codes in Apple Colour Picker.

Return to posts index

Mike Petty
on Jan 10, 2011 at 6:45:43 pm

Thanks Guys... Just needed to drill down a little more I guess.

Return to posts index

Mike Petty
on Jan 11, 2011 at 5:28:42 am

Zak,

I downloaded and installed the Hex Colour Picker as you suggested. Nice little plug in. However it does not seem to want to work in Motion. It works fine in other applications I tested but does not show up when I dial up the color in Motion.

Thoughts?

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Jan 11, 2011 at 7:26:37 am

I am using Motion 4 and 10.5.8, no problems here. Are you using a little magnifying glass icons when you open the Apple Colour picker to pick up the colour.
Honestly I do not know why would not work. Read what they say on their website about compatibility issues.

Return to posts index

Fivel Rothberg
on Jan 25, 2011 at 6:12:53 pm

I have the same issue. Hex color picker shows up in FCP, but not Motion. Anyone have this problem and solved it??

I'm running OSX 10.6.6 & FCP 7.0.3. Looks like Zak is running OSX 10.5. Could the issue be the OS?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Jan 25, 2011 at 9:03:38 pm

Well it looks like few people have a problem. Anyway try sending a email to people who are developing Hex color picker, see what they have to say

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Jan 25, 2011 at 9:17:38 pm

and this:
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/15108/colorconverter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]