FORUMS: list search recent posts

follow up on Free Credit Report parody commercial questions

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Holland
follow up on Free Credit Report parody commercial questions
on Dec 21, 2010 at 9:43:41 pm

Hello,

I'm working on a project that uses 4 people on stage to recreate a FREE CREDIT REPORT commercial where the band is playing a 1:30 parody song in a big white empty studio...seemingly. I am an apple user that has recently learned motion 4 and realize the keying capabilities of motion 4 are less than adequate. All our talent was shot on green screen at various angels.

Previously this week, on the MOTION forum, I posed the question on whether I should use motion for this project or learn the after effects CS5 that I recently acquired. It was suggested to export from FCP to After Effects, key the footage in After Effects via keylight, and then import as an animation into Motion 4 for the compositing and animation.

Why not just stay in After Effects for everything? The projects is 1:30 seconds with 1 track of sound. The basic training of After Effects via VIDEO COPILOT seems to have taught me that After Effects can do everything that Motion 4 can.

Any thoughts? I will continue training on both Motion & After Effects via Lynda.com over the holiday season.

Thanks for the help.

Rick Holland

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: follow up on Free Credit Report parody commercial questions
on Dec 21, 2010 at 9:52:17 pm

If you have AE and want to learn it I say go for it. I think you will find that all of the Motion Forum leaders use AE and Motion.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]