FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D circular images template or generator

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Cooney
3D circular images template or generator
on Dec 20, 2010 at 11:43:35 pm

Does anyone know of an apple motion template or generator that will simulate the TNT TV image ring? something that would be like a coverflux but in a 3D circle and place all the images each in their proper 3D space to be able to slowly spin the horizontal circle of images counter clockwise on a fixed axis? (preferably handle 30 or more image)..

It doesnt' really have to move the images independently, just keep them fixed and be able to rotate the whole circle of images as one.

Brian

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: 3D circular images template or generator
on Dec 21, 2010 at 2:10:36 am

That sounds like real 3D- not really in Motion's wheel house. Have you considered a true 3D animation program such as Cinema4D or Lightwave? Or Blender for free?

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Dec 21, 2010 at 4:16:57 am

I should embrace the more intense 3D programs.. maybe I will. I've been busy mostly editing... need to take time to learn animation better i guess. The learning curve has stopped me. Blender is free? And powerful? Any good video tutorials available for that? thanks. brian

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Dec 21, 2010 at 6:12:39 am

I'd do some googling for BLender. Personally I found Cinema4D much easier but not as free... as in not at all free.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Dec 23, 2010 at 5:40:18 pm

I'm not familiar with the specific effect you're talking about, but you can place a bunch of images in a 3D circle by clever use of the replicator. The images themselves remain 2D, but they can be placed in 3D space.

Of course if you need them to orbit another object, then you'll need to do it with an even more clever use of the particle emitter which can arrange objects in global 3D. Something alas, that the replicator cannot do.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Dec 23, 2010 at 6:03:05 pm

oh man. I'd love to learn how to do that.. thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]