FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does MOTN export add in proper pulldown?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Campbell
Does MOTN export add in proper pulldown?
on Dec 20, 2010 at 7:58:10 pm

I have a complete 23.98 motion project that is to be a :5 tag for a :25-5 TV spot. I'm laying out the graphics in Motion and exporting to FCP to create the master file with alpha channel. However, the master I was given is 1080i29.97 ProRes file.

What I want to know is if I use this project at 23.98, and when I go to export a ProRes 4x4 file, and I change the Options on the Output tab to Use: 29.97 with Field Rendering checked, will motion add in pulldown or simply convert to make the 23.98 project an interlaced 29.97 file with Upper field first?

I did a test with the above settings and after importing into FCP it tells me the files Field Dominance is NONE, when I know it was set to Upper field first. Is this just another improper wrapper from ProRes? Is my process okay to use or should I just start a new MOTN project at 29.97 to match the FCP sequence?

OS 10.6.3, Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 ghz quad-core intel xenon, 16 gb ram, with BM Intensity Pro card

Return to posts index

Matt Campbell
Re: Does MOTN export add in proper pulldown?
on Dec 20, 2010 at 9:25:26 pm

I think I've answered my own question. A 23.98 project rendered and exported to 29.97 speeds it up. My :5 tag went down to :4 seconds. So I think I'll just start a new project at 29.97.

OS 10.6.3, Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 ghz quad-core intel xenon, 16 gb ram, with BM Intensity Pro card

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]