FORUMS: list search recent posts

Precise Camera Moves

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Purnell
Precise Camera Moves
on Dec 17, 2010 at 2:28:11 am

I can't remember if I read about this here on the COW or watched it in a video tutorial somewhere but I can't remember which "F" key does this but when you set a place on your timeline where you want your camera to go, you hit your "F" key and it pops right to that spot right on the money. I am sitting here trying to get the camera to zoom in or dolly out and I am doing it by hand and when I play it back some of it is fine but its not as precise as I would like it to be. Any suggestions? Also if I continue to do it by hand is there a key like maybe the Shift key that I can hold while moving the camera around that will get me smooth moves? The thing I find more appealing for the project I am working on anyway is having the camera start completely dollied into something then have it dolly out and while its dollying out its rotating left or right or maybe tilting up and down. This would all be in one move.

So would I position my playhead where I wanted the move to stop, then hit my Record button, then move the camera by hand? This is pretty much what I have been doing but I had to stop the dolly out at some point so I can rotate the camera around. If there is a simpler way of doing this I would like to know.

Thanks

Cre8tive Minds Entertainment, LLC

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Precise Camera Moves
on Dec 17, 2010 at 1:09:22 pm

HI There,

For what you wan to do, you can not use Letter F, while camera is selected. This only frames the object, this would depend which object in your canvas is selected. However what you want to use if Framing camera behavior. Which is under behaviours/camera/framing....

Please note I find that framing camera behavior works best when you also have a null object, as with the null object you will be able to position camera whenever you want it to be.

Also you can use walk camera tool to animate your camera.

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Dec 17, 2010 at 2:08:04 pm

This may help

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Sacha Thomas
on Dec 17, 2010 at 5:45:46 pm

in Motion 3 I was able to record the framing "feature" (I say "feature" b/c based on Mark's tutorial, there is a bonafide framing behavior in Motion 4...I haven't used version 4) by clicking the "f" key while in record mode. It was a super simple solution and can be a starting point from which you can tweak the motion to your liking. enjoy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]