FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slowing Down Motion Project

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Smith
Slowing Down Motion Project
on Dec 16, 2010 at 8:40:28 pm

I'm currently working on a motion projects with alot of layers, pictures, and camera movements. When I was watching the video in motion, I thought that video was playing at a pretty good pace. When I exported the project however, it was readily apparent that motion was having trouble playing back the project in real time. The video was blazing by at a much faster pace than I thought it was.

So now I am trying to figure out if there is a way to slow my whole project down in motion, without having to adjust the timing of every single behavior and camera move. There is no audio, so I don't have to worry about it getting out of sync with the audio.

The obvious solution seemed to be to stick the video in FCP and slow it down, but I'm afraid this will result in significant quality loss (?). Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Is there any way to slow everything in motion down at once? Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Slowing Down Motion Project
on Dec 17, 2010 at 9:46:58 am

What you want to do is not possible. You should have rendered often a ram previews of what are you working on by using Command +R. That should have helped you to see how fast the animation is.
Or maybe try rendering your your project at 50frames per second and than use time remapping to slow it down. Slowing your footage from 25fps or 29fps will cause quality problems.

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 17, 2010 at 4:06:45 pm

I understand that you can also use wireframes or proxy images while composing the moves, which speeds up not only the previews but real-time handling. Then when the timing and positioning are right, replace the wireframes or placeholders with the full-rez stuff. Thank goodness I have yet to get into projects so complcated they would need that.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Dec 17, 2010 at 4:23:58 pm

I like to break my complicated projects into pieces if I can. So that way it is in smaller chunks. Also, sometimes instead of a Ram prieviw I will bring the project file into FCP and render it there to see how it looks in real time. Then make my changes and render again. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Also, here is a link to a TV Show Open I did, it was broken into 5 pieces I recall. Then glued together in FCP.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]