FORUMS: list search recent posts

morph vector shapes

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Leavy
morph vector shapes
on Dec 16, 2010 at 1:48:30 pm

Hello

I am trying to morph from one from one motion shape (vector) to another. Not 'optical blend', but a morph where the geometry control points change from one particular position to another.

I know that I can do this by hand, but that's quite time consuming. Is there a way to create a vector morph between two shapes? It would be nice if I could copy a shape (copy control point positions) and then apply it to a different shape - or something like that.

I hope you can help.

Br, Donleavy

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: morph vector shapes
on Dec 16, 2010 at 7:39:54 pm

There's kind of a cheaty way to do it. Create your two shapes. Make them the exact same color. Scale the second one down so it's completely obscured by the first one. Then keyframe the scale of the 2nd one so that it obscures the first one. If you time it well, you can also animate the 1st shape to shrink as the boundries of the 2nd shape start to appear.

Hope that makes sense.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Don Leavy
on Dec 17, 2010 at 1:19:42 am

Hi

It's not exactly what I am looking for, but thank you.

It would be nice if one could copy the matrix of the control points and then apply them to another shape. Anyway, I might go for Blender to do the job instead...

Donleavy

Return to posts index

Don Leavy
on Dec 18, 2010 at 10:49:29 am

I actually ended up doing what you suggested - but by animating the control points + adding a mask.

Shape 1:
- masking out shape 2. The initial shape is bigger than shape 2 (no masking effect in the initial state)
- animating individual control points to final shape (thus masking out shape one)

Shape 2:
- animating individual control points from initial shape to being outside the mask (shape one)

/Donleavy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]