FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text - FCP to Motion Workflow

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Sikes
Text - FCP to Motion Workflow
on Dec 11, 2010 at 8:09:09 pm

Hey all! I'm working on a project in FCP that will involve several sections of text. The text requires a little more than FCP can handle, so I'm going to be working with it in Motion.

I built the layers of text and graphics in the FCP timeline as I've edited. Now that I've got a lock on the footage, audio and the timing of the graphics, I was hoping to just select the layers I'd like to animate and hit "Send To > Motion".

The footage and pictures to be animated make the trip, but the text layers I created in FCP do not. Any advice on what I can do? I'd rather not build the text in Motion, because the text is timed to come in with the beat of the song.

I suppose I could put placeholders (like color bars) in to mark where the text layer would begin and end, but is there any way to get text to make the trip from FCP to Motion?

Thank you for any help you can give me! Hooray for the Cow!

- David Sikes

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Text - FCP to Motion Workflow
on Dec 11, 2010 at 9:07:05 pm

No, I'm afraid text does not make the trip. You can however place markers in your timeline at start and end points and even label them as such and the markers will make the trip. Then rebuild the text elements in Motion.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

David Sikes
Re: Text - FCP to Motion Workflow
on Dec 11, 2010 at 9:10:27 pm

Thanks for your help! I'll give that a shot!

- David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]