FORUMS: list search recent posts

Optimising Motion 4 Performance

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Wilson
Optimising Motion 4 Performance
on Dec 7, 2010 at 1:44:33 pm

I've recently been working on a couple of projects and while all has been fine I have found that both playback and even just changing parameters seem to be stretching the mac (performance) I've also been having a few crashes every day.

The system i'm working on is a mac pro 8-Core Intel Xeon, 12 GB RAM (DDR3), Radeon 4870 512MB, snow leopard.

I feel like this is a pretty high-spec machine that should be performing better; does anyone have any suggestions for improving performance either through getting new hardware or by managing my projects differently?

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Thanks

ROb

Return to posts index

Grant Gomm
Re: Optimising Motion 4 Performance
on Dec 7, 2010 at 3:58:25 pm

Hey Rob... Maybe you already are doing this, but I find that by going under the render drop down menu and turning off things like reflections, shadows, motion blur, DOF... stuff like that helps with larger projects. I'm running a machine similar to yours, and if I get too many layers, effects, 3D layers, cameras, etc... that it can really slow things down. On the other hand, when I have those other things above turned off, it runs just fine and helps me with things like keyframing and just seeing where the elements of my projects fall into place and how they move. Hope that helps.

-Grant Gomm
http://www.blacklionproductions.com

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Dec 8, 2010 at 4:15:07 am

Greatly depends on what's actually in the project- i.e. number of layers- if you're using high resolution stills, etc. Motion is GPU intensive.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Rob Wilson
on Dec 10, 2010 at 12:40:00 pm

Thanks for the tips. Yes the project I was working on had lots of high-res images.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]