FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video in 3D space is showing objects behind

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edward Howard
Video in 3D space is showing objects behind
on Dec 7, 2010 at 11:55:17 am

Hi there,

I'm having a problem with flying a camera from one scene to another as when the camera flies back it shows the elements behind it like it has a composite mode on it but doesn't.

Here's a picture of the issue:

Here's a copy of the video to see it in action:

It happens at about 1.05.

(I know messed up the camera right at the start! I'll fix it later!)

Thanks in advance.

Ed

Return to posts index

Edward Howard
Re: Video in 3D space is showing objects behind
on Dec 7, 2010 at 12:23:31 pm

Ah I've just had a thought, could it be that I have the video at the bottom? I thought that if it was in 3D space that didn't matter?

Ed

Regards,

Ed

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Dec 7, 2010 at 2:25:13 pm

The little box around the 3D stack icon in the layers tab for some of your layers means that those layers are being rasterized or precomped into layer order instead of ordering by z-depth. You'll need to determine what is triggering the rasterization - it's usually adjusting opacity, applying a blend mode, or a filter. The offender is often indicated in the Inspector with a blue LED dot.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Edward Howard
on Dec 7, 2010 at 3:05:27 pm

The little box around the 3D stack icon in the layers tab for some of your layers means that those layers are being rasterized or precomped into layer order instead of ordering by z-depth. You'll need to determine what is triggering the rasterization - it's usually adjusting opacity, applying a blend mode, or a filter. The offender is often indicated in the Inspector with a blue LED dot.

Thanks for you help on this.

Sorry could you be more specific on where the '...3D stack icon...' is and where the blue LED would be in the inspector?

Thanks again,

Ed

Regards,

Ed

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Dec 7, 2010 at 3:11:40 pm

The 3D stack icon is on the group in the Layers tab - it looks like a stack of three rectangle but is enclosed in a box if being rasterized.

The blue LED appears in the Inspector next to the parameter causing the rasterization, such as opacity or blend mode - unless a filter is causing it, then you won't get the blue light. Just disable the filter and see if the 3d stack icon loses the box.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Edward Howard
on Dec 7, 2010 at 3:41:36 pm

Thanks very much Mark.

Regards,

Ed

Return to posts index

Edward Howard
on Dec 7, 2010 at 3:46:01 pm

Looks like it was the opacity, box gone now. Thanks again.

Regards,

Ed

Return to posts index

Don Smith
on Dec 7, 2010 at 12:47:23 pm

You could adjust the camera so that it doesn't 'see' that far into 3D space. It's what I do when I want background objects to disappear instead of doing fades on each object.

Not being one of the expert nerds on this site I'm unsure which will work, but if you select the camera and then go to the camera tab in the inspector, you can adjust the Near Plane and/or Far Far Plane until those objects disappear. Add in a Near or Far Fade value so that they fade out as their distance from the camera increases so they don't just 'blink' out.

Don Smith
NewsVideo.com

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]