FORUMS: list search recent posts

match move out of frame

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Leax
match move out of frame
on Dec 6, 2010 at 7:40:42 pm

I am trying to obscure some company logos in a clip. The object starts in frame but ends out of frame. The match move stops when it gets to the end of the frame. I cant even move it out of frame if I try

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: match move out of frame
on Dec 6, 2010 at 10:37:23 pm

Blade the shot at that frame...

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Gareth Randall
Re: match move out of frame
on Dec 8, 2010 at 10:43:22 pm

Two possible approaches to this:

Trim the match move behaviour so that it ends on the last good tracking frame, then manually keyframe the position of the object to move it completely off the screen.

If the content of your source shot is suitable, you can use the "offset track" function to give the impression of tracking something that's out of frame. For example, you're tracking a logo on the side of a bus which drives out of the shot. The part of the bus that has the logo on it disappears out of frame, but the back of the bus is still visible for a few more frames before it disappears as well, so at the point where the tracker loses the logo and gives up, you can select the "offset track" checkbox and pick a new tracking point on the part of the bus that is still visible.

The tracker will pick up where it left off, and you'll get what looks like a continuous track on the logo even though it's gone offscreen.

You can see a tutorial (by our own Stephen Smith) that involves using the offset track function here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]