FORUMS: list search recent posts

Walking Dead credits

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corbin Todd
Walking Dead credits
on Dec 2, 2010 at 4:00:43 am

Hey guys! Was looking for some input on getting the same feel as the opening credits for The Walking Dead. I cant seem to get things to look right in Motion. I cant seem to figure out what is giving them that 3d feel. It doesnt seem like they are using particles to me. Anyway, any thoughts would be rad. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Gareth Randall
Re: Walking Dead credits
on Dec 2, 2010 at 10:51:55 am

Do you mean these titles here? They just look like fairly basic motion-tracked captions as far as I can see.

Return to posts index

Alexandra Bignell
on Dec 9, 2010 at 4:24:53 am

I think what Corbin is trying to get at; is can anyone who is a gun at Motion Graphics anaylse this peice and let us know how you think it was created? My thoughts are obvious camera animation. But there is an illusion of depth, like the images are in a transperant soup. How is this depth created? Blur? Tilt-shift? Layering? Compositing? There is also the colour grading element as well.

I too would appreciate some expert input because I would love to recreate this.

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Dec 9, 2010 at 6:52:22 am

This is quite sime animation ti achieve. What you need is a movie of a clouds generated as a track matte or an luminance mask on the text. This will enable you to make the text disappear as in some of the shots. Some of the text is placed in a interesting positions giving you a fell they are in 3d. You can try to keyframe size of the text to go larger or smaller depending what is happening in the shot. If you have HD 1920 then you can try to place text and the footage in the same group and use behavior to make them go smaller. In one o the shots text just gets blured but it us matching a perspective of the footage. I would use 3D options of motion to achieve this.

Return to posts index

anthony Faulkner
on Dec 10, 2010 at 3:59:15 am

A lot of vignetting blur filter, and color work.

magic bullet will give you the tools to do something similar.

Looks like they have layered some semi transparent fragmented specks and dirt layer over the top.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]