FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export from Motion changes saturation/color

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cody Hoerig
Export from Motion changes saturation/color
on Nov 30, 2010 at 1:03:37 am

Hey all,

I am using Motion 3 to do some digital pans and zooms for some timelapse shots. I am finding that when i export my finished shot the color saturation and the contrast go down quite a bit from the original and what i see in the Motion canvas. It also looks like the highlights are more blown out after the export.

I have a feeling I might be getting my color space settings wrong, or something to that effect.

My source timelapse files are ProRes 422 (HQ) in large dimensions 3K+ and I set my canvas to 1280x720 as I want the final exported files to be ProRes 422 (HQ) 1280x720.

I set my color space to 16-bit float because i figured this would allow me to preserve the source files 10-bit space, seeing as the only other option besides 32-bit was 8-bit.

Is there any reason that this reduced saturation/ contrast shift is happening to me on export?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Cody Hoerig
Re: Export from Motion changes saturation/color
on Dec 1, 2010 at 9:15:37 pm

I know I have read on here that sometimes the Import to Motion changes color, but have not seen anything on the Export.

Also, I am importing from a single file, and exporting straight to a single file, I am not round tripping from FCP if that helps.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]