FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyframe zoom speed change advice

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cody Hoerig
Keyframe zoom speed change advice
on Nov 29, 2010 at 10:43:28 pm

Hey guys,

I am nearly done putting the final touches on the edit for a feature I have been working on for over 2 years. There are sections in the movie where there are time-lapse sequences, and I want to do some digital pans and zooms to give the sequences some more movement.

My online edit is in DVCProHD 720p and my timelapse files are anywhere from 3216x2136 to 4288x2848 and are in ProRes 422 HQ. I want them this big so when I do the zoom and pan effects I have a lot of room to play with, with no quality loss.

I have been using Motion 3 to do simple key frame zooms, rotations and pans and it works great. The only thing I cant figure out is how can I independently adjust the speed of the actual Move (be it zoom, rotation or a combo of both). I have a shot set up right now, and it is keyframed perfectly and it looks great except I just need it to zoom and and rotate faster, without effecting the actual speed of the time-lapse itself.

I have tried the usual tricks for creating faster moves that I use in FCP's motion tab but its just not working for me in Motion.

Any advice?

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Keyframe zoom speed change advice
on Nov 29, 2010 at 10:59:12 pm

Can't you just move the keyframes closer together or further apart?

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Cody Hoerig
on Nov 30, 2010 at 12:56:39 am

Yeah I can, I tried that and it works a lot like it does in FCP. I think I got the hang of it now, but I was wondering if there was an easier way to do it, either with a standard setting or a way to select all keyframes and move all of them forward or backward in the TL without changing each key frames specific values aside from moving them forward or backward in time.

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Nov 30, 2010 at 12:58:52 am

You can turn on the keyframes in Motion's Timeline (as opposed to the Keyframe Editor) where it's a little easier to select single or multiple keyframes and move them all at once in time without any risk of changing values.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Cody Hoerig
on Nov 30, 2010 at 1:07:07 am

Fantasic, that does help me a lot. Thanks Mark

Return to posts index

Sacha Thomas
on Nov 30, 2010 at 4:14:03 pm

In the Keyframe Editor, I like to select a group of related keyframes with the marquee selection (click and drag selection). I then click-and-hold on one of the keyframes and and slide the group left or right while holding shift. The shift key doesn't let you move the keyframes up or down, thus locking their value.
Good luck on the project!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]