FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to draw Text in Clouds?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Jones
how to draw Text in Clouds?
on Nov 28, 2010 at 3:44:28 am

I am certain that this has been done but I cannot find it anywhere. I have a motion project where I look down on some land from the sky and I want to draw a few text phases in the clouds without actually writing the text with a mouse (so entering the text in a box, hey my handwriting is really bad!) Preferably have the phrases swirl in and out or appear and vanish using particles. How is this done?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Gareth Randall
Re: how to draw Text in Clouds?
on Nov 29, 2010 at 10:54:40 am

You're asking quite a lot there John, and there are various different ways you could tackle the problem.

For writing the text in cloud form, you might want to investigate using a replicator. You set the replicator shape to Image and then drag your text layer into the Source well. There's a nice little tutorial that uses this technique to make the typed word PAIN look like it's been written in blobs of blood - should be pretty straightforward to adapt it to making the words look cloudy:

http://www.motionsmarts.com/tutorials/pain/pain1.html

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: how to draw Text in Clouds?
on Nov 29, 2010 at 3:59:52 pm

Take a look at the Library, LiveFonts: Fogwriter, Skywriter or Steamer. Not sure if these will help. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]