FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Templates appear with interference in FCP once rendered

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Pirouet
Motion Templates appear with interference in FCP once rendered
on Nov 25, 2010 at 11:41:06 pm

I wonder if somebody could help me with this annoying problem.

I've created some Motion Templates. Very very simple ones, but i'm having problems, If you are in the UK, you can see the problem here until 6:30pm tomorrow:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/w5cyb/?t=59s

The simple animation plays with no problem in Motion, and also plays perfectly if previewed in Final Cut on the timeline before rendering, but once it is rendered it will come up with interference as seen on the clip above. It's very random though. Sometimes it will do it, sometimes it won't. If you re-render the same clip, sometimes it'll be fine, sometimes the interference will occur in different places. There's no pattern. We run a DV-PAL Anamorphic timeline in FCP.

Bizarrely it works absolutely fine on Intel machines running FCP6, it's just the G5 PowerMacs with FCP6 we're having problems with. The only thing i can think of right now is that the machines just cannot cope with the templates. They do take around 2 minutes to render this simple 5 second animation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Ben Pirouet
Re: Motion Templates appear with interference in FCP once rendered
on Nov 25, 2010 at 11:43:32 pm

Oh and just to add, i have played around with the rendering quality options in FCP User Preferences, and in Motion. All to no avail :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]