FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple Motion to AVID

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
João Santos
Apple Motion to AVID
on Nov 24, 2010 at 4:15:51 pm

I'am using Motion 4 and Avid Media Composer 2.7. I'am working in DVCAM PAL footage and don't know the correct setting to export apple motion graphics that i have made to media composer they look horrible.

Whats the correct settings?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Apple Motion to AVID
on Nov 24, 2010 at 4:35:48 pm

What is your workflow?

Motion has a DV Pal format setting. From there you just need to make sure you're using the proper codec for export. Avid uses their own codec, so you should be able to just export Animation and import into the Avid.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

João Santos
on Nov 24, 2010 at 4:45:17 pm

I use that setting to export i use lossless but when importing to avid i have to invert key and the graphics look horrible.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Nov 24, 2010 at 4:57:12 pm

The problem is that "horrible" is not a descriptive term so it's near impossible to suggest anything.

You should upload an image of the problem, and give a description of each step in your workflow that results in the problem.

Remember, no one is seeing your computer and your problem. The answer isn't something as easy as "oh, just hit the Not Horrible key".

One thing to try is to not embed the alpha, but create a separate alpha clip and use the matte key effect in Avid.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

João Santos
on Nov 25, 2010 at 2:01:47 pm

I'am making a project in Motion D1/DV PAL lower field first. Background color black and transparent. I export using Lossless + Alpha movie. Premultiply alpha is checked. and i don't kown if i have to check motion blur, frame blending.. When i import the mov to avid. it imports fine but i have to go to matte key and invert key to be transparent. and quality is not fine. My avid project is 25i PAL (SD).

thanks

Return to posts index

Brian Vedholm
on Nov 27, 2011 at 6:11:25 pm

Hi Joao,

Did you ever find a solution? I'm in the same situation, export from Motion looks fine (when I test i QT player), but when I import into Avid my graphics looks like a low resolution draft. Working SD 25i PAL just like you did. Have tried various settings...nothing seems to work...

Return to posts index

João Santos
on Nov 28, 2011 at 1:54:57 pm

Hi, now i am using on motion 5. For SD i work was dv pal and export as prores best quality 422. On avid the import is always uncompressed 1:1. with good results.The Avid is media composer 5.5. The preview on avid is worst then after export. hope it helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]