FORUMS: list search recent posts

Setting in points before importing video clips

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Stipe
Setting in points before importing video clips
on Nov 24, 2010 at 12:00:02 am

Can I set in/out points to my video files before I import them into the Motion project (similar to Final Cut). I've been having to scrub through long video clips in the timeline to find the part I want and it seems like a big waste of time. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Setting in points before importing video clips
on Nov 24, 2010 at 4:16:50 am

Not really.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Nov 24, 2010 at 6:57:51 am

You can however place your footage into Final Cut Pro, then cut the part you want to edit in final cut pro, then select the cut you want to edit in Apple Motion, then right click and use option send to motion project, this will enable you to do what you have asked.
Good luck

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Nov 24, 2010 at 10:46:52 am

Yup but that's a lot more work than just trimming in motion- in my opinion anyways...

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Michael Stipe
on Nov 24, 2010 at 1:12:52 pm

Thanks for the help, I could send it from FCP, I guess that might be a case by case decision though, I bet that would be faster if the clip is really long, but if it's on the shorter side probably slower.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]