FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need to Create a Map

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Petty
Need to Create a Map
on Nov 23, 2010 at 1:57:24 am

Hey Kids...

I have a project where I need to integrate a map. In this case a map of the US where I zoom in (for example...not quite sure yet) and highlight a group of states, say the midwest. I have some ideas but I could monkey around here forever with different ideas. The real question is..is there a resource for vector maps I can use in Motion or do I have to do them myself somehow (and I don't have or know how to use illustrator.). Photoshop is about it for me.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Need to Create a Map
on Nov 23, 2010 at 2:01:29 am

Hard to say what you want- you know best. I'd probably start with a map I get from a stock photo source and do something simple.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Gareth Randall
on Nov 23, 2010 at 7:58:45 am

[Mike Petty] "is there a resource for vector maps I can use in Motion"

Just an idea, but have you tried typing "vector maps" into Google? ;)

I had to do a job involving maps a few months back, and fortunately there are MANY vector map resources out there, quite a few of them completely free, so you might not have to pay to download something from a commercial image site.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Nov 23, 2010 at 1:29:19 pm

iStockphoto has some great vector maps. Keep in mind you can't bring in layered vector images so you will need to know enough to turn every state into its on layer and how to bring it into Photoshop.

Be careful when looking for free vector images. A lot of sites that say they offer free vector images are only offering it for free for non-commercial work. Read the legal terms with the image before you use it.

Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Nov 24, 2010 at 4:37:50 pm

Depending on how far you plan on zooming in, perhaps all you need is a large bitmap map.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Mike Petty
on Nov 25, 2010 at 5:46:18 am

Thanks for all of the input. I found some candidates and will do some monkeying around with them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]