FORUMS: list search recent posts

Atom Strand.HD Assistance, Please

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Smith
Atom Strand.HD Assistance, Please
on Nov 17, 2010 at 9:03:34 pm

I'm usually pretty good at figuring things out but I seem to be stuck with how the strand of pearls is done in the template Atom Strand.HD. It's the first template in the first group of templates.

I can create a stroke and put the circle on it, but I can't see (1) where they make the circle 3D, and (2), how they 'pull' one end of that string (stroke) through z-space (like pulling one end of a coil to stretch it out).

Any clues would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Don Smith
Re: Atom Strand.HD Assistance, Please
on Nov 17, 2010 at 9:26:30 pm

Figured out the 3D part.. I'm getting a Paint Stroke when I need to getting a Shape. The Shape has a "Local 3D" check box.

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Nov 17, 2010 at 9:26:58 pm

To make the string 3D select the shape and then go to the shape tab, stroke. In the middle of your options you'll find a Local 3D check box. Check it and your pearls will become 3D.

The string of pearls never move. In the middle of the groups there is a Camera Layer. The camera is moving to give the feeling that the pearls are moving.

Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Don Smith
on Nov 17, 2010 at 9:48:41 pm

Thank you Stephen. I know the pearls aren't moving. If you select the Paint Stroke group, go to Perspective view, then F to frame the group, you can then tumble the the string of pears and see that it spirals through 3D space. I can (now) create the string, make the "Stroke" box active, click 'Local 3D' and 'Face Camera' and duplicate the 3D-looking perals in the Atom Strand template, but (so far) I'm unable to 'stretch' the string in 3D space to make it spiral through. It's like pulling one end of a Slinky.

I sure appreciate that you and the others are around. I've got your DVD tutorial set and I re-watch the tutorials all the time. More sinks in with each viewing.

Don Smith
NewsVideo.com

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

Don Smith
on Nov 17, 2010 at 10:06:04 pm

OK. Got it. Once I had my Bezier line converted to a shape, which enabled the Stroke tab, then I was able to put the behavior "Sequence Paint Position Offset" from the other Shape layer onto my new shape and I got the effect of moving one end of the (new) pearls into 3D space. It also threw me for a moment that there's no behavior named "Sequence Paint Position Offset" but I realize that's the Sequence Paint" behavior renamed for what it's set to do.

Thanks very much,

Don Smith
NewsVideo.com

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Nov 18, 2010 at 11:40:34 pm

Don,
Thats great, sounds like you got the hole thing working. Also, thanks for purchasing my DVD Moving with Motion.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]