FORUMS: list search recent posts

Not able to import .ai.ps files

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Koleszar
Not able to import .ai.ps files
on Nov 5, 2010 at 3:35:15 pm

I'm doing a commercial for a company and they sent their logo as a .ai.ps file and I'm not able to figure out how to use it in Motion. I aksed for a jpg file but that looks pixelated. I saved the jpg as TIFF and PNG and those also looked really pixelated. Any advice?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Not able to import .ai.ps files
on Nov 5, 2010 at 5:04:02 pm

You can import AI files into Motion and if set right you can maintain its vector quality.

Your Illustrator file needs to be RGB and not CMYK. Be sure to save the AI file with PDF compatibility. After you bring it into Motion, just select it, press Shift+F (takes to you the Media tab), then uncheck the Fixed Resolution checkbox. This will allow the vector image to be rasterized at whatever size it is on-screen. Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Justin Koleszar
on Nov 6, 2010 at 5:39:45 am

yeah, my initial problem is not even being able to upload the AI file. Does it matter that I don't have illustrator? I download the file from email and then when I go file import it won't let me select the file. It's a file that was sent to me from the client.

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Nov 6, 2010 at 8:51:59 am

You do not have to have Illustrator installed. However you must have this file as RGB rather than CMYK, just follow Stephens Instructions please. What might happen was that your file from a client is corrupted, and therefore you need to be able to open it in Illustrator to re save it into .ai file. If you do not have Adobe illustrator than try opning this file in Graphic Converter (http://www.lemkesoft.com/) and then resaving it into .ai.

Should all fails you need to ask your client to zip the file before they send it to you and you need to tell them to save it in RGB colour mode.

Let me know what happened please

Return to posts index

Duane Giliam
on Nov 12, 2010 at 6:24:43 pm

HI guys

I've also been having issues with getting Ai files into Motion with out being pixelated.

I followed Stephen's advice - but the graphics still aren't smooth.

My peroxided question is - does the screen resolution matter?
Im working in a pal 720 by 576 composition.

thanks.

Duane
http://www.leapyearfilm.co.za

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]