FORUMS: list search recent posts

Alpha Channel

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Galvano
Alpha Channel
on Nov 3, 2010 at 3:29:54 pm

I have video of a truck that was shot against a green screen. I want to turn the video of the truck into a solid color. How do I do that?

Also can I add a gradient?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Alpha Channel
on Nov 3, 2010 at 3:51:23 pm

I've never done it but here are my thoughts: I would key out the green. You may then need to export out that keyed clip. I prefer the Animation codec set to millions +. Import the keyed clip and add a black color solid or something behind the clip so where the green was it is now black. Add a levels filter and adjust one of the bottom triangles so it makes the clip 100% white. Then create a gradient. If you make the gradient a horizontal liner gradient and the truck drives on and off the green screen in a straight line then you just need to make the gradient long enough to cover where the truck drives on and off. If you have like a radial gradient you will have to do a match move behavior or key frame it. Any ways, add an image mask so the white takes on the gradient. If you don't know how to do an image mask then check out my Creating a Hologram video tutorial. The image mask part is in the middle of the tutorial. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Steven Galvano
on Nov 3, 2010 at 4:49:17 pm

Thanks for your help. I got everything to work as you stated -- but it may not be the best solution for me given what I'm trying to do.

What I'm trying to do is to create a "depth Mask" for 3D conversion. It is basically a greyscale gradient version of the image that tells the 3D application hoe much depth to give different areas of the image.

So is there a way to somewhat-accurately make a gradient of the moving image? -- so the gradient moves with the image? (Hopefully it won't have to be placed frame by frame)

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Nov 3, 2010 at 5:07:32 pm

Hum...Sorry, I've never seen this before, sounds real cool. Take a look at the Gradient Colorize filter and see if that is what you are after.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]