FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dollar Bill particle pile up

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Top Manta
Dollar Bill particle pile up
on Nov 2, 2010 at 12:49:51 am

I am attempting to simulate a person being covered in a pile of money that rains down for a music video.

I´ve tryed doing this by layering various emitters with the edge collision behavior applied and offset to get the fallen particles stacking up, but the particles accumulate at the bottom of each emitter and reveal obvious horizontal lines in the stack.

Does anyone know of a more elegant, organic looking way to create a particle pile up within Motion?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Dollar Bill particle pile up
on Nov 2, 2010 at 5:51:59 pm

I wouldn't use an emitter. The particles in an emitter are either all moving or all stopped. You can't have some stopped and some moving making your idea of falling like rain and then piling up impossible.

Instead, I'd use a replicator. You can animate the replicator by using the Sequence replicator behavior to animate its position. Set the starting point of the animation off frame.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Sacha Thomas
on Nov 4, 2010 at 8:45:47 pm

Stephen has a tutorial on confetti. Maybe that would point you in the right direction.
here is the link:
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/smith_stephen/particle_party.php

Good luck

Return to posts index

Jimmylee Remillard
on Nov 29, 2010 at 5:30:01 am

I would just go to the premade partical emitters - select either fall leaves or feathers and change the image to a dollar bill.

Yiu can also add another emitter that has a long life which will build up dollar bills from the floor to give the illusion that the falling leaves emitter is flooding your talent with cash flow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]