FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I make an image (insert file type) the permanent background of a Motion project

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Schneeberger
How do I make an image (insert file type) the permanent background of a Motion project
on Oct 28, 2010 at 1:23:04 am

I can't for the life of me figure out how to make a static image the background of a Motion project. For example: I want a gradient background for my project...all I seem to be able to do is make a gradient rectangle or import an image and scale it to a very large size...but it is affected by camera movements and the like. How do I lock an image into place as the background?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: How do I make an image (insert file type) the permanent background of a Motion project
on Oct 28, 2010 at 4:35:55 am

Put your image (or generator, which is what I would use) in a 2D group at the root level. 2D groups aren't affected by cameras (or lights for that matter).

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Josh Schneeberger
Re: How do I make an image (insert file type) the permanent background of a Motion project
on Oct 28, 2010 at 5:10:53 am

That makes perfect sense...that seems like such a no-brainer now. Thank you so much!

As to your comment about using a generator as a background...what do you mean, or what are the benefits? I am relatively new to using Motion and so I really haven't delved into generators, replicators, or particles quite yet.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Oct 28, 2010 at 5:43:02 am

I find generators, like color solid and gradient, seem to allow for better performance over using a shape.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Sacha Thomas
on Oct 28, 2010 at 1:47:03 pm

Mark,
That seems counterintuitive to me that a static image in a 2D group would cause more of a processor load than a generator, even one that that generates a static image. What am I missing here?
Thanks in advance,
Sacha

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]